Henry Knock operated a granary and farm in the Turner's Creek Community. He began construction of the dwelling with the log cabin section in 1759. Donald Yeates purchased the property in 1770 and began planning construction of the larger Federal style portion. He passed away prior to completion of the house and his family completed the brick portion in 1796. The main portion of the house is a three story dwelling with one main room on each floor. Each main room has a fire place for warmth. The central staircase is open from the first floor to the attic. A large front porch provides a resting place and shade from the summer sun.
Knock's Folly is open as a Visitor Center on Saturdays (May through September) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Exhibits highlight the history of the farming community, the local Native American Tockwogh tribe and the visit of Captain John Smith to the Turner's Creek area. Future exhibits under development will focus on the rich natural history and wildlife of the Sassafras area.
580 Taylor Ave, Annapolis MD 21401