Patapsco Valley State Park

Avalon HeadquartersAvalon Visitor Center

Posted October 21, 2013 - The Avalon Visitor Center is closed until further notice due to construction.

The visitor center is located in a 185 year old stone house, the only remaining Avalon house that survived the 1868 flood. The Avalon site was improved by Victor G. Bloede, pronounced “Blerda,” to become the Avalon Water Works in 1910. Remnants of the Water Works remain today. The Visitor Center has exhibits on park history, a small information center with park maps and drinks for sale. The Visitor Center is open Weekends 11 a.m. 3 p.m. April – October. Our park visitor center is staffed solely by volunteers.