Congratulations on your engagement! Getting married on the beach can be a beautiful, memorable experience for you and your guests. Here is some basic information about weddings at the park:
- The park allows weddings and other special events on the beach in the Day Use area, however any areas of the beach are not sectioned off for such events. Access to the beach must be available to the general public at all times.
- Permits are not required, but guests are asked to contact the Park’s Headquarters at (410) 641-2120 ext. 10 at least a week in advance of the event.
- Other visitors and wildlife, including the horses, may be in the area during the event.
- All wedding guests must pay the standard Day Use service charges. There are no pre-paid options and payments following the event cannot be accepted. All other rules and regulations for use of the facilities apply as they would for the general public.
- Open flames on the beach are not permitted, including candles, lumiarias, and tiki torches.
- Any temporary structures, such as archways, chairs or flower stands, must be removed immediately following the event.
- Large tents are not permitted since they obstruct the view of the lifeguards.
- If using the marina facility, all Day Use service charges apply. Chairs and small structures may be set up only if they do not require digging holes in the ground.
- For weddings held within the campground, all campground rules and regulations apply. This includes the number of visitors/vehicles per site, registration at the Ranger Station and display of vehicle passes. Corresponding service charges apply.
- The park does not have pavilions available for receptions after the event. Many brides choose to have receptions at hotels or restaurants in Ocean City, or at one of the historic hotels or bed and breakfasts nearby.
- The park assumes no responsibility for any equipment used.
The park is located at the end of Stephen Decatur Highway (Route 611.) From the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, head east on Route 50 towards Ocean City and turn right onto Route 611. From the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, take Route 13 north to Pocomoke City. Turn right onto Route 113 and head north toward Snow Hill. Stay on Route 113 to Berlin. Turn right onto Assateague Road (Route 376.) When it ends, turn right onto Stephen Decatur Highway (Route 611.)
Assateague State Park
7307 Stephen Decatur Highway
Berlin MD 21811
Contact the Park Service
- Toll Free: 1-800-830-3974
- Reservations: 1-888-432-2267
- Park Watch: 1-800-825-7275
- Email Us