What We Do
The Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) is a law enforcement agency with state wide jurisdiction to enforcement all state laws and regulations. The NRP have three main functions:
- Enforcing the laws and regulations that protect Maryland Natural Resources. These laws regulate harvesting, possessing or pursuing Marylandís fish and wildlife resources.
- Enforcing state laws and regulations on 500,000 acres of land owned or controlled by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. These lands are visited and utilized by 12 million visitors a year.
- Ensuring Marylandís recreational boating enforcement and maritime homeland security. NRP enforces all the boating and navigational laws, as well as conducting search and rescue on all of Marylandís waterways. This responsibility includes investigating approximately 300 boating accident per year, assisting in 300 to 400 boating emergencies such as vessels in distress and search and rescue incidents. The NRP responds to approximately 2,400 maritime incidents a year on Marylandís Chesapeake Bay, tidal rivers, inland waters and coastal waterways off the Atlantic Ocean.
The NRP conducts daily maritime patrols of Marylandís critical infrastructure that adjoins Marylandís waterways. The NRP has been designated as the lead state law enforcement agency for maritime security throughout the state.
- 11/18/14 - NRP Blotter
- 11/14/14 - NRP Charges Watermen, Hunters with Natural Resources Violations
- 10/29/14 - Baltimore Man Dies After Falling From Tree Stand in Dorchester County
- 10/26/14 - Allegany County Man Found Guilty of Black Bear, Deer Hunting Charge
- 09/29/14 - NRP Uses State Police Helicopter to Catch Illegal Clammers
- 09/26/14 - NRP Charges Two Pennsylvania Hunters with Baiting Deer
- 09/22/14 - NRP Charges another Charter Captain with Operating Illegally
- 09/18/14 - NRP Charges Two with Fishing, Crabbing Crimes; Penalties Could Total $200,000
- 09/15/14 - NRP Charges Two Men with Illegal Hunting in Allegany and Frederick Counties
- 09/09/14 - NRP Continues Its ďDonít Get PinchedĒ Campaign to Catch Illegal Crabbers
- 09/08/14 - NRP Charges 10 Men with Riding Off-Road Vehicles on Protected State Land
- 09/05/14 - NRP, Coast Guard Shut Down Three Kent Island Charter Boats
- 09/03/14 - NRP Reports Labor Day Holiday Celebrated Safely
- 08/27/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/18/14 - NRP Responds to Two Serious Boating Accidents
- 08/12/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/04/14 - NRPís ďDonít Get PinchedĒ Campaign Nets Violators Across Maryland
- 08/04/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/01/14 - Two Tilghman Island Watermen Plead Guilty to Poaching Striped Bass
- 07/21/14 - NRP Wins Conservation, Boating Court Cases
- 07/17/14 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter