Protecting Maryland’s natural resources, public lands, waterways and people through proactive and responsive law enforcement services with courtesy, integrity, dedication and professionalism.
Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) Core Values
NRP personnel will be committed to the following core values to guide their conduct:
- INTEGRITY - Employees shall:
- Uphold the public trust by being honest.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical and moral character.
- Obey all laws.
- COURTESY - Employees shall:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity and in an unbiased manner.
- Refrain from responses of uncontrolled anger when dealing with a citizen, an NRP employee, or others.
- Protect constitutional rights through impartial enforcement of the law.
- DEDICATION - Employees shall:
- Provide dedicated and compassionate assistance to citizens.
- Promote leadership, cooperation and assistance to the NRP and its employees.
- Aspire to improve service, the quality of life and partnership with the community.
- Obey NRP rules, regulations and procedures.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Employees shall:
- Present a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize appropriate and respectful language when dealing with citizens, NRP employees, or others.
- Never use unnecessary force or violence.
- Furnish name, identification number and duty assignment to any person properly entitled to this information.
- Obey all lawful orders.
- 03/07/14 - NRP Charges Five with Oyster Poaching
- 03/07/14 - NRP Blotter
- 01/16/14 - NRP Seizes Virginia Tractor-Trailer Carrying 50 Bushels of Undersized Oysters
- 01/10/14 - Montgomery County resident offers $1,000 reward through NRP for leads in bald eagle killing
- 01/07/14 - NRP Blotter
- 12/23/13 - NRP Blotter
- 12/20/13 - NRP Blotter
- 12/11/13 - NRP Blotter
- 12/2/13 - NRP Blotter: Firearms Season Opener
- 11/15/13 - NRP Blotter
- 11/14/13 - Boating Accident Claims Life of Essex Man
- 11/12/13 - NRP Blotter
- 11/8/13 - NRP Blotter
- 11/5/13 - NRP Charges Four Men with Catching Undersized Rockfish
- 10/22/13 - NRP Charges Three Men with Hunting Out of Season
- 10/17/13 - NRP Charges Two Rock Hall Watermen with Poaching in Oyster Sanctuary
- 10/1/13 - Body of Missing Salisbury Angler Recovered
- 9/23/13 - Garrett County Man Cited for Hunting Violations
- 9/23/13 - NRP Responds to Boat Fire on the Sassafras River
- 9/12/13 - Cambridge Boy Dies in Swimming Accident
- 9/9/13 - Body of Pennsylvania Man Recovered from Bush River
- 9/6/13 - NRP Seizes More Than 200 Undersized Bass
NRP is Hiring
Are You Interested in becoming a Natural Resources Police Officer?
The Maryland Natural Resources Police are recognized nationally as a symbol of professionalism and leadership in the field of conservation and boating law enforcement. To apply, click here.
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter