Protecting Maryland’s natural resources, public lands, waterways and people through proactive and responsive law enforcement services with courtesy, integrity, dedication and professionalism.
Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) Core Values
NRP personnel will be committed to the following core values to guide their conduct:
- INTEGRITY - Employees shall:
- Uphold the public trust by being honest.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical and moral character.
- Obey all laws.
- COURTESY - Employees shall:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity and in an unbiased manner.
- Refrain from responses of uncontrolled anger when dealing with a citizen, an NRP employee, or others.
- Protect constitutional rights through impartial enforcement of the law.
- DEDICATION - Employees shall:
- Provide dedicated and compassionate assistance to citizens.
- Promote leadership, cooperation and assistance to the NRP and its employees.
- Aspire to improve service, the quality of life and partnership with the community.
- Obey NRP rules, regulations and procedures.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Employees shall:
- Present a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize appropriate and respectful language when dealing with citizens, NRP employees, or others.
- Never use unnecessary force or violence.
- Furnish name, identification number and duty assignment to any person properly entitled to this information.
- Obey all lawful orders.
- 6/4/13 - NRP Blotter
- 4/15/13 - NRP Participates in Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- 4/10/13 - Natural Resources Court Program Expands
- 3/19/13 - Governor O'Malley Congratulates NRP on 145th Anniversary
- 3/12/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/30/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - NRP Rescues Two from Deep Creek Lake
- 1/29/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - Maryland Wild Turkey Federation Honors NRP Officer
- 1/7/13 - NRP Blotter
NRP is Hiring
Are You Interested in becoming a Natural Resources Police Officer?
The Maryland Natural Resources Police are recognized nationally as a symbol of professionalism and leadership in the field of conservation and boating law enforcement. To apply, click here.
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter