The Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) is the enforcement arm of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). With an authorized strength of 238 officers and a dedicated staff of civilian and volunteer personnel, the NRP provide a variety of services in addition to conservation and boating law enforcement duties throughout the State of Maryland.
These services include conservation and boating law enforcement, homeland security, search and rescue, emergency medical services, education, information and communications services on a round the clock basis. NRP is the only police force aside from the Maryland State Police that has statewide jurisdiction.
"If you See Something Say Something"
Report Suspicious Activity
Maryland's Natural Resources Police
are taking an active role in combating terrorism in the State of Maryland.
You too can help by reporting suspicious activity to law enforcement personnel.
The following could be indicators of potential terrorist activity:
- Suspicious attempts to buy or charter vessels using large cash payments.
- Vessels operating at night without running lights.
- Loading or unloading activity dockside at unusual hours.
- Immediate modifications or repairs to vessels demanded without regard to cost.
- Communications between a boat and shore by unusual means (lights, flags, etc.).
- Vessels riding excessively low in the water.
- Improper or false registration numbers.
- Suspicious activity around large commercial vessels (freighters, tankers, etc.) including off-loading of persons and packages on to small boats.
- Unusual diving activity around vessels, wharfs, bridges, dams, etc.
- Abandoned or unattended vessels or vehicles in or near unusual locations or near key facilities or public areas.
- Suspicious filming activity near public or key facilities.
- The throwing or recovering of items into/onto the waterways or shoreline.
Report Suspicious Activity
Contact Maryland Natural Resources Police
VHF Channel 16
Hail Maryland Natural Resources Police
- 11/18/14 - NRP Blotter
- 11/14/14 - NRP Charges Watermen, Hunters with Natural Resources Violations
- 10/29/14 - Baltimore Man Dies After Falling From Tree Stand in Dorchester County
- 10/26/14 - Allegany County Man Found Guilty of Black Bear, Deer Hunting Charge
- 09/29/14 - NRP Uses State Police Helicopter to Catch Illegal Clammers
- 09/26/14 - NRP Charges Two Pennsylvania Hunters with Baiting Deer
- 09/22/14 - NRP Charges another Charter Captain with Operating Illegally
- 09/18/14 - NRP Charges Two with Fishing, Crabbing Crimes; Penalties Could Total $200,000
- 09/15/14 - NRP Charges Two Men with Illegal Hunting in Allegany and Frederick Counties
- 09/09/14 - NRP Continues Its “Don’t Get Pinched” Campaign to Catch Illegal Crabbers
- 09/08/14 - NRP Charges 10 Men with Riding Off-Road Vehicles on Protected State Land
- 09/05/14 - NRP, Coast Guard Shut Down Three Kent Island Charter Boats
- 09/03/14 - NRP Reports Labor Day Holiday Celebrated Safely
- 08/27/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/18/14 - NRP Responds to Two Serious Boating Accidents
- 08/12/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/04/14 - NRP’s “Don’t Get Pinched” Campaign Nets Violators Across Maryland
- 08/04/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/01/14 - Two Tilghman Island Watermen Plead Guilty to Poaching Striped Bass
- 07/21/14 - NRP Wins Conservation, Boating Court Cases
- 07/17/14 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter