Natural Resources Police
Who We Are...
The Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) is the enforcement arm of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). With an authorized strength of 238 officers and a dedicated staff of civilian and volunteer personnel, the NRP provide a variety of services in addition to conservation and boating law enforcement duties throughout the State of Maryland.
These services include conservation and boating law enforcement, homeland security, search and rescue, emergency medical services, education, information and communications services on a round the clock basis. NRP is the only police force aside from the Maryland State Police that has statewide jurisdiction.
"If you See Something Say Something"
Report Suspicious Activity
Maryland's Natural Resources Police
are taking an active role in combating terrorism in the State of Maryland.
You too can help by reporting suspicious activity to law enforcement personnel.
The following could be indicators of potential terrorist activity:
- Suspicious attempts to buy or charter vessels using large cash payments.
- Vessels operating at night without running lights.
- Loading or unloading activity dockside at unusual hours.
- Immediate modifications or repairs to vessels demanded without regard to cost.
- Communications between a boat and shore by unusual means (lights, flags, etc.).
- Vessels riding excessively low in the water.
- Improper or false registration numbers.
- Suspicious activity around large commercial vessels (freighters, tankers, etc.) including off-loading of persons and packages on to small boats.
- Unusual diving activity around vessels, wharfs, bridges, dams, etc.
- Abandoned or unattended vessels or vehicles in or near unusual locations or near key facilities or public areas.
- Suspicious filming activity near public or key facilities.
- The throwing or recovering of items into/onto the waterways or shoreline.
Report Suspicious Activity
Contact Maryland Natural Resources Police
VHF Channel 16
Hail Maryland Natural Resources Police
Protecting Maryland’s natural resources, public lands, waterways and people through proactive and responsive law enforcement services with courtesy, integrity, dedication and professionalism.
- 06/26/14 - NRP Blotter
- 05/14/14 - NRP Blotter
- 04/07/14 - Governor O’Malley Lauds NRP Oyster Enforcement Efforts
- 03/31/14 - Two Watermen Charged with Harvesting Oysters in a Sanctuary
- 03/26/14 - NRP Blotter
- 03/25/14 - Eastern Shore Waterman Charged with Oyster Poaching for the Fifth Time
- 03/24/14 - Silver Spring Man Found Guilty of Poaching 228 Undersized Striped Bass
- 03/24/14 - NRP Blotter
- 03/21/14 - NRP Charges Crisfield Waterman with Seven Oyster Violations
- 03/20/14 - NRP Charges Two Watermen with Harvesting Oysters from a Sanctuary
- 03/17/14 - NRP Arrests Four Watermen with Help from State Police Helicopter
- 03/13/14 - NRP Blotter
- 03/12/14 - Oyster Poachers Found Guilty with Help of New Radar Network
- 03/07/14 - NRP Charges Five with Oyster Poaching
- 01/16/14 - NRP Seizes Virginia Tractor-Trailer Carrying 50 Bushels of Undersized Oysters
- 01/10/14 - Montgomery County resident offers $1,000 reward through NRP for leads in bald eagle killing
- 01/07/14 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter