- December 9 – Deadline for Public Input on Designation of New Wildlands
- DNR Seeking Top Clean Marina of 2013
- Martinak State Park Getting in the Holiday Spirit; Santa’s Magic Workshop is Open
- Tips for Selecting the Perfect Holiday Tree
- DNR Announces Winter Ice Breaking Operations
- Green Streets, Green Jobs, Green Towns Grant Program Accepting Applications
- NRP Radar Network Continues to Thwart Oyster Poachers
- Registrations Now Accepted for Project Wild and Growing Up Wild Teacher Workshops
- Suspected Rockfish Poachers Indicted After Two-Year Investigation
- DNR Wildlife Advisory Commission Names Maryland Port Administration Leader Conservationist of the Year
- Growing up WILD Kits for the Classroom – Now Available for Educators
- 12/7: Exploring the Senses - Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary
In this busy world full of iphones, tablets and other modern technology, we sometimes forget to utilize all of our senses and experience the present for what it truly is. Join a naturalist as we hike the trails of Merkle and learn to use our senses in a way that, perhaps, we have forgotten. Please call 301-888-1377 for more information. This event is FREE.
- 12/7 & 8: Antebellum Christmas - Chapman State Park
This Christmas season, the Friends of Chapman State Park invite you to enjoy the Mt Aventine Manor, refreshments, nature walks, and the sounds of the season with performances from various music groups over the course of its two-day holiday celebration. Please call 301-743-7613 for more information. Suggested Donation: $5/car.
- 12/8: Victorian Christmas - Patapsco Valley State Park
Join Park Staff to dress the Avalon Visitors Center for the holidays. We will make traditional decorations and have some old fashioned treats. Decorate our park home or take your ornaments home to decorate your own home. Activity will take place outside, so dress for the weather. For ages 5 and up. Meet at the Avalon Visitor Center. Please call 410-461-5006 to sign up or for more information. Cost $5.00 per person or $15 per family.
A central place for collecting and sharing materials and information about Trails in Maryland.
Check out class listings, sign up soon as classes fill up fast. Other safety education courses are also listed.
Bay restoration is a work in progress. Please help us in our efforts to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay.
DNR has the lead role in advancing the scientific understanding of Maryland’s vulnerability to climate change.