2013 Maryland Fishing Challenge Winners
The 2013 Maryland Fishing Challenge consisted of three components - the Angler's Award Program, Diamond Jim and the Youth Component.
2013 Winners of the Angler's Award Program
- Bass Pro Shops and Tracker Boats provided the grand prize which consisted of a boat, motor and trailer, the winner was Roy Easter, Jr. of St Mary's County.
- The World Fishing Network provided an all expenses paid fishing trip to the Bimini Game Club on Bimini Island in the Bahamas, won by Cary Murray of Essex, MD.
- Debbie Walbert of Levittsville, Va.; Noah Tomasik, of Lusby; and Michael Remmell, of Baltimore all won Bill's Outdoor Center grand prize fishing gear/tackle packages.
- AllTackle, Angler's Sports Center, Clyde's Sport Shop, Fishbone's Bait and Tackle, Herb's Tackle Shop, and Marty's Sporting Goods donated the $1,000 gift cards and youth tackle packages.
2013 Diamond Jim Winner is first in Nine Year History of Event
- Blair Wheeler of Herndon, Va., became the first person to win a $25,000 cash prize. After confirming her August catch was the real deal – tagged with the randomly selected winning number – Wheeler walked off stage with a prize package that also included a pair of one-carat diamond earrings from Zachary's Jewelers of Annapolis, and $6,000 in gift cards from participating Maryland tackle shops listed above.
- Additionally, the 53 people who caught Diamond Jim imposters received $500 and a five-carat blue topaz charm, courtesy of Zachary's.
2013 Youth Rodeo Winners
|Donated Trips for 2013 Youth Winners|
|Gilbert Nicol, III||Coastal Conservation Association (CCA)||Chesapeake Bay Light Tackle|
|Blake Bramble||B.A.S.S.||Bass Fishing Trip|
|Elisabeth Esser||B.A.S.S.||Bass Fishing Trip|
|Matthew Bishop||B.A.S.S.||Bass Fishing Trip|
|Robert Toms, III||Maryland Saltwater Sportfishing Association (MSSA)||1/2 Day fishing trip w/ Capt Greg Shute|
|Ryan Appleby||Trout Unlimited (TU)||Guided Fishing Trip of Choice|
|Jacob Ehm||Trout Unlimited||Guided Fishing Trip of Choice|
|Rylie Travis||Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF)||1/2 Day fishing on Severn River|
|Justin Bronson||Bill's Outdoor||1 Family Fishing Tour on Deep Creek Lake|
|Ester & Emma Esser||Bill's Outdoor||1 Family Fishing Tour on Deep Creek Lake|
|Cody Mason||Wish-a-Fish||Chesapeake Bay Trip|
|Rachel Ehm||Tom Hughes||1/2 day trip leaving from Baltimore - light tackle|
|Nathan Smith||Frank Watkins||Flounder Fishing in Ocean City|