Guidance Information for Critical Area Decision Makers
Critical Area Guidance
10% Rule Guidance
A Guide for Waterfront Property Owners
To get the free Acrobat Reader go to Adobe.com.
- Bay Smart Guide
- Overview of House Bill 1253 - 2008 Legislation
(Adobe Acrobat file 220KB)
- A Guide to the Conservation of Forest Interior Dwelling Birds in the Chesapeake Bay Critical Area
(Adobe Acrobat file 270KB)
- Critical Area 10% Rule Guidance Manual
- Private vs. State Tidal Wetlands
- Forest Mitigation
- Public Walkways
- Living Shorelines
- Backyard Makeover
- Golf Courses in the RCA - Final
- Native Plants for Wildlife Habitat and Conservation Landscaping - Chesapeake Bay Watershed - U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Local Government Assistance Guide - Critical Area Buffer
- Local Government Assistance Guide - Lot Coverage
This new publication was developed to assist homeowners with planting and maintaining shoreline Buffers. It includes lots of information about the importance of the Critical Area Buffer and includes Buffer Management Plans that can be used to satisfy Buffer planting requirements for new construction on waterfront lots.
For general questions ...
... or information about the Critical Area Program or questions relating to State oversight of local programs, e-mail Lisa Hoerger or call 410-260-3478.